Blog BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Belly Book

I have been trying to think of creative ways to document my pregnancy so that in the coming years when I look back on it, I will remember all of the details - the good, the bad, the boring, the fun - every bit of it.  This is such a special and important time in Dan and I's lives and we have cherished every moment, so I want to be able to remember everything.  And who knows, it's possible that at some point Baby B might be curious about when I was pregnant with him/her.  I have been keeping track of said details in two ways: this blog and my belly book.

Blogging is an excellent way to communicate with lots of people and keep family and friends up-to-date on the pregnancy, doctor appointments, what's going on in our lives, etc.  I am so glad that I created it, because it's been therapeutic in a way, and I know that in the future I'll appreciate that I took the time to put it together.  The book is more personal...something for Dan and I and Baby Geronimo, and it's something that I can physically keep and look at for years to come.  Not that I won't be able to look at the blog, but you know what I mean.

I did a lot of research on the belly book before I was ever even pregnant, because I have several girlfriends that are also pregnant and these guys make great gifts.  You can buy them anywhere - in fact, I have seen several great reviews for The Belly Book: A Nine-Month Journal for You and Your Growing Belly, which you can buy at tons of stores - Wal Mart, Amazon, even Overstock.  While I like the look of the book and think it has some good pages for journaling, I normally tend to like items that are a little more unique and personal.

Enter Etsy.  I seriously cannot get enough of this site.  It is full of ideas and beautiful hand-made items, really anything you can imagine.  My sister-in-law, Meredith, originally turned me onto it when I was planning my wedding, and I haven't looked back since!  I have bought several books from ednamae's Etsy shop (both for myself and for other girlfriends), and have been in love with each and every one I've ordered!  Her Etsy site is a little tricky - for a while  thought she no longer sold the belly book and only sold baby books - but then I stumbled across her website here and finally found the belly book again.  They sell for $45 (worth every penny!), and you can customize the cover and colors.  For an additional charge, you can also customize the front.  They are SO cute, too!  Another place that I've ordered from is BunToBabyBoth of these options are super cute and customizable, and cost around the same price. They have pages to document your doctor visits, ultrasounds, calendars, trimesters, cravings, movement, sleep...pretty much anything you can imagine!

Do yourselves a favor Moms and friends of expectant Moms, and buy one of these journals!  I cannot say enough how much I love mine, and the girlfriends who I've bought them for have also sung their praises.  You won't be disappointed! 

Happy Journaling!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

More from The Baum Squad:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...