Blog BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest

Friday, July 29, 2011

Best. Friends. EVER.

I seriously have the best friends in the whole world.  They have all been so excited for us when we've told them our news, and I am so grateful for their friendship, love and support.  It is enough to bring me to tears just thinking about it (although I will say, it's easier than normal to bring me to tears these days...I know that's hard to imagine). 

Anyway, the specific girlfriends I shall rave about today are my co-worker besties: Andrea, Carrie, Nicole and Stephanie.  Three of the four of us are pregnant right now, and we have all been so excited for each other.  These girls seriously make my days so much better, and I'm so grateful to have them in my life.  I am also grateful for the awesome and extremely thoughtful (and generous!) gift they gave me yesterday!

I was brought up to cherish  music, and I have a real love for it.  My Mom started singing to me when I was in her womb, and as a result all three of her girls share her love of music.  There is nothing that compares to hearing Mom and her sisters sing four-part harmony - it will give you chills.  With that said, I know I want Baby Geronimo, boy or girl, to share my love of music.  Enter this awesome contraption:

I know, it's totally silly-looking, but it's seriously awesome.  It is a speaker that you wear around your belly - it has an extender so it will expand while you turn into a whale with your growing belly!  You can plug your iPod right into it, and no matter how loud you turn the sound up, it will always play at the optimal sound to not hurt your baby's ears.  I would not say it is the most stylish baby item, but it seriously is the coolest contraption ever.

I originally read about it on Project Baby Blog - actually, I guess the way it actually happened is that Steph found it on Project Baby Blog and sent it to me, before she knew I was pregnant, because she was considering getting one for herself.  Anyway I've been toying with the idea of getting one, but I have plenty of time because I read that the baby couldn't really hear it until around 16 weeks anyway, and I'm only 12 now.  So imagine my surprise when MY GIRLFRIENDS BOUGHT ME ONE AS A BABY GIFT AND GAVE IT TO ME YESTERDAY!  I am BEYOND excited and can't wait for the next four weeks to pass so I can try it out.

Steph told me that she e-mailed Dan and told him to act like it was the dumbest thing he'd ever seen if I talked to him about it.  He followed her instructions exactly.  In fact, I am pretty sure his exact response when I sent him the link was, "Just turn the radio up.  Or maybe even stand closer to the speakers.  OR...sing."  He didn't even budge when I tried to guilt him with, "BUT I HAVEN'T EVEN BOUGHT ANYTHING FOR THE BABY YET!" 

So, I am so excited to use this, and will report back at a later date on how it goes.  I can't wait to make a baby playlist - I've got some good ideas in mind.  It says you can even record bed time stories and play those on there, which is an excellent idea.  This is going to be so much fun!

To my girlfriends: thank you so much for the wonderful gift and for being the best friends a girl could ask for.  I love you all!

Dan's brother and his wife, Chris and Andrea and the cutest kids ever (as previously seen here) are coming to visit us this weekend, and we're so excited.  More to come later on their visit.

Happy Friday everyone!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Soo glad you love it (not that I didn't already know you would, haha)and BIG thanks to Dan for playing along! ;)

    Love you and Baby B!!

    ReplyDelete

More from The Baum Squad:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...