Blog BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beach Weekend!

I had some events at UNCW at the end of this past week for work, so Dan and I decided to pack up Layla and Lilly and head to the beach to make a weekend out of it and spend some time with his parents.  We had a very busy and fun-filled weekend, and I of course took way too many a lot of pictures as usual.

On Friday after I was done with work for the day, we took Lilly on her first bike ride:



The child LOVED riding on the bike.  She squealed, giggled, talked and giggled some more for the duration of the bike ride.  It was beyond cute and we got quite a few honks driving down the road.  We've been looking at bikes and a seat for her for several weeks, so I'm glad we were able to test it out and ensure that she likes it before purchasing.  I wish I'd taken an action shot, but it was hard to get a good picture since she and Dan were moving!  We rode to the tiki bar for an afternoon snack and cocktail:



L was loving being outside and we all enjoyed the gorgeous weather.  She was hamming it up at the tiki bar and met quite a few drunks new friends in the process.  After all of that activity, she was pretty beat on Friday night.

On Saturday morning, we went to the NC Aquarium.  Dan took her once before when I was out of town for the weekend, but I was excited to see what she did.  There are TONS of activities there for children - I can't wait to take her back as she gets older and can do more/last a little longer between naps.  Lilly had such a good time, and was intrigued by all of the fish.  Dan even helped her play in the "touch tanks" and touch some fish (ew):





Daddy helping L pose on the giant crab


Lilly loved watching the fish but couldn't understand why they didn't want to stay and talk to her.  She squawked and squealed at them when they swam away!
Where are you going,  Mr. Fishy? 

Family portrait in the bubble


Chasing fish with Grandma Susie!

Heeeeere, fishy fishy!  If you had hair I would pull it just like I do to my sister, Layla.  And I would probably try to put you in my mouth, just like I do everything else!

Hey!  Gimme!
After a short nap, we went for a walk on the beach.  The weather was absolutely perfect, although the water was a little chilly.  L was loving being outside, as usual, and was so enamored with all of the activity on the beach.

Sporting the hat Grandma Susie and Papa gave her.  She looks like such a big girl in this picture!  Could it be the thighs?  :-)

Walking with Grandma Susie and Papa

It was pretty hot, so we stripped Lilly down for the walk home and she and Daddy had some fun:


Goofing off with Daddy




We got one more walk in this morning before we left, except this time it was on the boardwalk to eat ten some Britt's donuts.  If you are ever visiting CB you HAVE to make a stop at Britt's.  To say that L enjoyed her two bites would be an understatement:

Sugar high from just two tiny bites!
I had another work event this evening and Dan had to attend a visitation, so we headed back in time for L's afternoon nap (although I would have loved to spend the day on the beach!).  Since Dan and I were both gone, L had some fun tonight watching football with Aunt Meagan and Uncle Bo (and Fender!):


We had such a fun weekend!  The weather was perfect and we enjoyed spending time with family.  Now it's back to Pinteresting before I head to bed...I am determined to get my house decorated before it's time to move again some day.  :-)  I absolutely can't believe my baby girl will be 8 months old tomorrow.  Time is moving way too fast.  Stay tuned for the 8-month stats!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

More from The Baum Squad:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...